Wednesday, January 8, 2014

It's A Park Life For Me!

Staying at home with Sawyer everyday is a blessing, but sometimes I find myself trying to think of new ways to keep him entertained. Being that we live in Southern California and the weather here is nice enough to go outside almost 365 days of the year. I decided to take on a challenge. This year I will try and visit every playground/park from Oceanside to Del Mar. I mean why not. This gets me out the of house, gives Sawyer the chance to explore and ultimately makes us both happy. In Carlsbad alone there are almost 20 parks. So I have my work cut for me. So far, 3 parks down.


Pine Avenue Community Park nestled just blocks off the main drag in Downtown Carlsbad was our first stop. I've actually been to this park several times because my girlfriend Alana who lives just down the street, takes her boys there. Now that Sawyer is old enough to start enjoying it I figured this would be the perfect place to start off our Parkscapades.  While we may be limited at the moment to swings, slides and those little animals they can bounce on... Sawyer seems to really enjoy taking it all in, just as wide eyed and curious as can be.









In need of just getting out of the house. I grabbed Sawyer and headed to Leucadia Oaks Park off Vulcan for our second parkscapade.  I remember driving past it a few times, thinking it looked pretty cool. Turns out I was right. The playground is great.... the usual stuff, but what really got me excited was everything else. In such a small area they managed to jam a volleyball court, basketball court, mini skatepark, a picnic area, a big grassy area and even a few other quant spots without making it feel claustrophobic. Excited to bring Sawyer here as he gets older.








Can't beat the location of this next park. I mean the ocean is quiet literally your playground.
Powerhouse Park, located right off coast highway in Del Mar will definitely be a place Sawyer and I frequent. I met my girlfriend Alyssa for a playdate with her two little girls. Addy (almost 3) and Elle
(almost a year and half).  The small but perfect area offered everything we needed for a great playdate  A few swings... sand, slides and some picnic benches. What a great January afternoon. If they only knew just how lucky they are.





Oh and Seagulls too.


1 comment: