Saturday, January 18, 2014

Park..ing Along


4 more parks checked off the list on our Parkscapades adventure and well there would have been a few more but that bug that's been going around hit me like a ton of bricks. Luckily for Sawyer it was just a little runny nose.

Holiday Park in Carlsbad makes number 4. I see this park every time that I drive the 5 north and have actually been to this park back in my junior high days. If you can get past the sounds of cars zooming by from the freeway above... this park located on the east side off the Carlsbad Village Dr. exit is actually pretty cool.
The first thing that you notice when you pull up is the huge trees that act as a canopy for the playground and the surrounding park. Nothing beats a tall tree that you know has some serious stories to tell.  I also love the fact that it has rock climbing wall, and a mini zip line for the really adventurous little ones.

He wasn't to sure about the Grass! Love his pouty face




I figured after several days of hibernation on my part from being sick, we'd venture out to a new park. So while out for an appointment for Sawyer I googled the closest park and Hidden Canyon Community Park in deep Carlsbad is what came up. So happy I did because both Sawyer and I made a new friend.
Crystal and her daughter Isabella who is just a few days older than soy sauce. I see playdates in our future.



So serious at the park. Lots of new things to check out

Swinging with his new friend



Poinsettia Community Park is just up the street from our house and while I love the fact that they have tons of tennis courts, a soccer and baseball field and huge open green spaces the actual playground gets a C- in my book. I mean seriously what park doesn't have swings. So Sawyer and I just took advantage of the 80 degree January day and laid out a blanket in the shade, put on some tunes and chilled. It's afternoons like these that make me thankful for being able to stay home with him.




 Our go to park right now is Aviara Community Park. Tucked in between track homes... It's just a quick 5 minute drive down Poinsettia from our house. I just love how clean and new this park is and it offers everything you'd want but a sandbox, and I'm OK with that since Sawyer just loves to put everything in his mouth right now anyhow. This park is also where I am seriously considering having Sawyer's first birthday party. I'll keep you posted on that. Unfortunately it's not just a show up day of kind of place, gotta reserve the space so well have to see.





No comments:

Post a Comment